Thursday 27 March 2014

Thursday Playlist: Songs to Distract Me From My Impending Doom

Just as I finally allowed myself to settle into the warmth of my cushion for one final time before packing it away (like everything else which brings me any hint of comfort), I decided to leap out of my chair and write here for one last time before Doomsday turns up on the doorstep tomorrow morning, awaking me from my final, not-so-restful sleep in this house which I've called a home for the past seven years.

Unlike yesterday where I discussed my anxiety over starting afresh in a new, yet-to-be-explored area, today I'm going to upload a few videos which play a few of my current favourite songs - a.k.a the ones which have given me the perfect distraction from Benny the Hissy Kitty almost collapsing into my box whilst leaping onto my window ledge. And who wouldn't grow tired of hearing the oh-so-irritating music commonly featured whilst attempting to contact the electricity company after ten minutes? These songs, however bizarre and out-of-this-world they are, have managed to fulfill their end of the deal by keeping me sane during these past couple of hectic weeks, and I'm glad to declare that they can be easily accessed through the internet, unlike my collection of CDs which haven't seen the light of day since inhabiting one of the many cardboard boxes a fortnight ago. 

Despite this entry possibly being the shortest one which I have ever uploaded (a full-on disaster is on its way, I can tell!), I hope that these songs may remind you of me as my nauseating headache reaches an all-time high and I take my first baby-like steps towards setting up a new life and new identity - no, no, I'm not changing my name or personal information - the process of which begins from the moment I awake tomorrow. If you had to ask me at this particular time, I'm a crazy, undrinkable mixture of excitement, nerves and exhaustion, which hasn't been especially helped by my recent lack of deep, nourishing-as-cocoa-butter sleep.

Anyway, let's get on with the main part of the show - enjoy these tracks as much as I do! Meanwhile, I'll turn green with envy whilst failing to have access to an internet connection tomorrow; how will I ever survive being stuck in a car with an annoying-as-ever little brother and a massive basket containing two wide-eyed kittens squeezed against me?

1. Lady Gaga - G.U.Y



2. Madonna - Fever



3. Janet Jackson and Luther Vandross - The Best Things in Life Are Free



4. Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks



5. Sade - Cherish the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment