Sunday 9 March 2014

It's Sunday: Favourite Tunes

What do you know, Sunday - supposedly referred to as the day of rest (if a thirty minute lie-in counts) - has arrived, bringing a cloud-free sky and azure blue sky in its wake! I'm not sure about whether you are in the mood to run outside into the warm embrace of the early Spring sunshine at half ten in the morning, but standing outside for ten minutes truly brought a hint of colour to my Casper-white cheeks; regardless of what you may believe, make-up (even if you use an award-winning brand) is only capable of increasing your happiness to a certain level!

Therefore, I rather feel like donning my old tap dancing shoes - sadly, that practice is no longer possible thanks to my size seven feet - and moving to the irresistible beat of these favourite songs which I've listed here today, giving my typically essay-sized entries a relievable break on what could possibly be one of the warmest weekends for months. If the oven-hot sun is burning through my thin lace dress, I just know that my continuous wear of fluffy, kitten fur-like jumpers will all but be coming to an end within a few weeks - haven't I given enough reasons to describe my euphoria? 

Plus, I will thankfully avoid destroying my once knowledge ICT whizz title by uploading videos of today's chosen tracks directly onto the blog - why did it have to take me ages to remember one simple thing known as HTML? Thanks to messing around with a since-deleted entry on Friday night (there is nothing quite like a mini ICT lesson before crawling into the fur-covered mess which I still use as a bed), you will now be able to watch some very fascinating music videos - or ones featuring lyrics, as not all the best songs in the world were not credited with the honour of becoming a single - without copying and pasting a link to the most famous video-sharing website on the planet. Convenient, don't you think? 

And, unlike a few weeks ago (obviously before having my HTML-themed epiphany), I won't bore you with a mile-long commentary of how much I adore a certain song and what it represents to me. Today, I'll simply let the songs speak for themselves; since undergoing somewhat of a musical revolution a few years ago, I care about the lyrics as much as the beat and vocals, though I do make an exception for the ever-so-catchy dance anthems which have held a prestigious place on my non-famous Spotify playlist forever

Ready to embark on an intriguing adventure through the wonderful land of music and high quality YouTube videos? Let's find out!

1. Duke Dumont Ft. A*M*E - Need U (100%)



2. Daft Punk - Get Lucky 



3. Emeli Sande - Heaven



5. Paloma Faith - Can't Rely On You



6. Moby - Bodyrock



7. Soul II Soul - Back to Life



8. Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance



9. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy 

3 comments:

  1. Love the paloma faith track x
    www.whateveryazmine.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Yazime Alexandra

    Thanks! I'm thrilled about the fact that Paloma Faith is releasing a soul-inspired album because I've been in love with classic R&B for ages, so 'Can't Rely on You' really hits the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. agh I forgot how much I love moby thank you for reminding me haha

    http://whimsicalprocrastination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete