Saturday 16 May 2015

The Weekend is SUCH a Drag - Not Kidding!!!

One more week. Another seven days. Approximately 168 hours until next Saturday arrives. Along with my long-awaited week off.

Seriously, reaching the last week of term is when exhaustion truly knocks you off your feet - all of a sudden, getting out of bed is even harder than it usually is, which is definitely saying something! By now, you should have whizzed through so many topics, covered plenty of tasks and completed enough work to fill a bedroom; yet, despite your efforts, another week of early starts, panicking about avoiding the rush hour and arriving home past your ideal bedtime (as nothing tempts me more than going to bed at 5pm after a day of delightful angles hell) awaits you. 

Is it fair? Obviously not - I'm not in the slightest thrilled about having to put myself through five more days of intensive work while my hearts yearns to indulge on as much trash TV as every teenager secretly wants. Unfortunately, this is the way that life is; how I'd love to shed a few tears on the matter, but ensuring that my mascara remains on only my eyes (and not spilling like a leaking bottle down my face) is a bigger priority!

Anyway, this week has pretty much been on a par with every other week - work is as steady as ever, friends are always making me laugh while I'm constantly moaning about not bringing any money to buy a cookie in the canteen - so I don't really have much to report on the life of a modern teen. Honestly, it disappoints me that I cannot provide you, a cherished reader, with more interesting facts about my day-to-day life, but there is very little that is going on at the moment - unless you fancy suffering with me as I get prepared to sit two Maths tests next week. Absolutely amazing, isn't it? Deep down, I'm hoping that you have detected the sarcasm that is detected in my alliterated words; it would take the likes of being possessed by an algebra-loving alien to ever look forward to any Maths test!

Asides from my wonderful Maths news, I managed to get the afternoon off school on Thursday because of having been booked for an appointment at the opticians' in town. In case you aren't aware of this (as it isn't particularly something that I talk about very often), I've been short-sighted or myopic since I was twelve years old, This means that my eyes need to be tested every few years or so in order to ensure that my sight is not deteriorating, which would be a great concern. Until Thursday, I hadn't had my eyes tested since I was fourteen, so it was about time to see how my eyes are getting on - an event which excused me from shivering outdoors in P.E., which definitely put a smile on my face! 

To cut a long story short (as I ended up staying at the opticians for nearly two hours which, as I fought the urge to go shopping, really annoyed me), I've had to get new glasses because my sight has slightly changed. The best time to pick up my two new pairs of glasses would be next Thursday afternoon, so I won't have to go near a rounders' bat anytime soon! Before you complain about my missing out on a vital hour of physical activity, my sight is obviously more important than spending an hour doing next to nothing in a field; besides, I already go the school gym on Wednesdays and attend my weekly Zumba class on Friday evenings, so I doubt that I'll be missing out on much!

On a positive note, I'm now counting down the days (currently five) until I can get my hands on my new glasses, which are certainly better suited to my face than the ones I've presently got. Honestly, I could whack my fourteen year old self for choosing style over, well, style: although my glasses are quite pretty because they have jewels (obviously fake - I'd preferably have real ones if possible!) on the edges, but the frames are way too big for my face! Wearing glasses when my hair is tied back makes me feel really self-conscious because the frames look ten sizes too bigger on my fairly small face, so I'll be beyond relieved to start wearing my smaller glasses as soon as I get them - if only there was a way to make Thursday come around a bit quicker!

Also, I've started to get all the things that I'll need for my upcoming trip to France, an event which I planned all the way back in February but is now creeping up on me; until recently, I'd never truly appreciated how time-consuming travelling can be, but I suppose that is typical with females! I've already gotten a small can of hairspray, dry shampoo, small jars to put my lotions and spot-banishing potions in; the list is endless... And that's only the beauty side of things! At this rate, I'm not going to have much time to consider which clothes I'll be bringing with me though, judging by the current warm spell of weather, I'm pretty certain that my sweatshirts and thermals will be staying behind...

Sorry if I don't seem to be talking about anything all too interesting this week, but exhaustion has completely caught up with me; to my delight, I've been given tons of Maths homework over the past few days, so it's about time that I focus on getting through it instead of randomly browsing the internet. If I had the choice, I'd remain glued to the H&M website all day, yet life isn't quite so forgiving when the biggest exams in your life are a year away. Jeesh, I don't want to begin to consider how stressful my life will be at that point - when will I ever find time to go shopping?

Still, I've got another week ahead of me before I can relax as much as I like - at long last!




No comments:

Post a Comment