Monday 27 April 2015

I Just Wanna Sleep...

Have you ever woken up on a Monday morning, groaned and wished harder than you did for a bike at Christmas to be blessed with another five minutes in bed before facing the oh-so-cruel world? Although the wishing-for-a-bike part isn't necessarily true for me (as, at the grand old age of 16, I still don't know how to ride a bike - though I'm certainly an expert in running in heels around the likes of Asda), I experienced the most gut-wrenching feeling upon being awoken by a colourful stream of light this morning. The source of pain within my stomach wasn't entirely down to having one or two more roast potatoes than my digestive system could handle: in fact, the horrible realisation of Monday being here produced more agony than stuffing a packet of chocolate digestive down your throat ever could.

Still, isn't it fair to say that everybody feels the same by the time Monday morning rolls around? Like the grumpy cat Garfield, we growl at the thought of being dragged out of bed when we haven't gotten over from having late nights at the weekend, which we feel is a violation of our right to rest. Indeed, I regard it as horrifying that I, a teenager, should have to get up at the crack of dawn on a Monday - my nature begs me to stay in bed for as long as possible, a.k.a. literally my whole life! If it wasn't for fighting a losing battle against nature, I would certainly take this matter to court, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't really work in my favour...

Rant over. Feeling happier now? Certainly. Once those stored up feelings are released into the already-polluted air and contribute to the ever-growing problem of global warming, I shall feel less stressed about facing Mondays. And, to be honest, Monday isn't a particularly bad day because, once I manage to finish my breakfast and complete my hair-styling/make-up-applying duties, I tend to forget that I was having a luxurious lie-in twenty four hours before.

It's just that Mondays seem to provide a perfect excuse to complain to my heart's content as most people tend to relate to that 'ugh-I-can't-believe-that-I've-got-to-get-up-before-midday' feeling which slices through us like a pointed knife.

Fortunately, I've had quite a pleasant start to the week (though not entirely due to having a different packed lunch today, though wholemeal pittas are always irresistible!). By 'pleasant', I secretly mean that I got a FANTASTIC grade in one of my mock exams and, now that I'm away from the classroom, I can brag about it as much as I want. Hahahahaha!!!

Seriously, there are times at school when all I want to do is scream like a cat whose tail has been trodden on (though I would never be stupid enough to do that to one of my four precious darlings). The reason why? I'm desperate to express my glee and excitement over achieving grades that I definitely underestimated myself from achieving; believe me, there is nothing greater than receiving results that far outshine your wildest expectations.

For example, I honestly and completely believed that, after barely answering several questions in my Sociology exam last week, I would have struggled to have gotten anything higher than a C, yet I nearly cheered like a boisterous football fan when I got my paper back today: an A. Yes, yes, yes, I got an A!!! OMG, I had a sudden impulse to either laugh or cry, though I doubt that nothing would have really expressed my shock. Having worried about it over the weekend, I had wondered on whether to explain to my teacher why I didn't perform so well (because my hand hurt so much in the exam that I struggled to write anything), but I still can't get my head around it. Really. And, if that is the worst I can do, who knows what I'll get when I'm performing at my very best?

Several hours before, I received my marks from the English Literature mock that I had sat last Monday. Due to switching sets several months ago, I missed on completing my study of the two books which I had to answer questions to in the exam, An Inspector Calls and Animal Farm. Therefore, I wasn't feeling overly confident about being examined on two books which I didn't feel like I knew inside out - but something must have clicked as I managed to get 32 out of 34 marks in a question I answered on An Inspector Calls and 21 out of 24 on Animal Farm. Nothing woke me up better than receiving those results this morning!!!

All in all, I've had a really good day, despite enduring a horrible hour of ICT in which I'm sitting a test on spreadsheets and the so-called importance of Microsoft Excel. Really, I blame Bill Gates for making my life a misery as I have to sit through two hours of ICT a week and become acquainted with Excel, which is the very worst creation I've ever known. Both fortunately and unfortunately, I've got Parents' Evening next week, so I'd like to hear what my ICT teacher would say about me. 'Well-behaved, but a bit useless when it comes to using computers.' Believe it or not, my family regard me as the computer expert - and I can barely manage at school! Very hopeful, don't you think?

Here's to an easy-going evening - and unlimited sleep, of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment