Thursday 9 April 2015

The Great List of Things That Have Happened (So Far) This Week

Holidays, holidays, holidays - at times, they seem so endless that you begin to wonder whether they will last forever. Although all of us secretly shriek with terror at the prospect of a long holiday coming to an end, holidays can sometimes drag on a little bit, can't they? And, let's face it, every teen hates getting bored, which is far more likely to occur when holidays go on and on for what feels like years. 

Now firmly halfway through my final week off school, I've mostly lost the eager-eyed motivation that shone in my twinkling eyes almost a fortnight ago, brimming with determination to revise harder than I ever have during my sixteen years on this planet. Instead, I've turned into the most terrific procrastinator that Earth has even known, hiding beneath duvets, beds and Google tabs when I really ought to have been tackling a Maths past paper (which I haven't bothered to revise for yet - oops!). 

No matter how many times I promise to work and revise, I find myself doing the exact opposite - with unlimited time that could be devoted to having fun, I cannot resist giving into my weaker senses, who lack the desire to prepare for my upcoming mock exams. Ugh, my heart sings at the thought of going to school as soon as all my exams are over; by then, I shall be preparing for my trip to France in June, which will be my very first adventure abroad. How I yearn to escape to Normandy and make myself at home in a warmly-scented boulangerie until every single mock exam has finished - and it is finally safe to return! Still, I have a rather strong feeling that such a thing will never happen, even though I've just gotten my passport...

Anyway, let's ask none other than myself a question: how has my week been so far? If I had to sum it up in one word, tiring would most definitely be the adjective forming on my lips. Exhausting, draining and indeed tiring is how I'd describe this week, though it could possibly change by the time it ends - or perhaps not! 

Once again, I can't resist posing yet another question to myself, who is already growing tired (haha!) of being asked so many things that she doesn't honestly care about: what has happened? Putting all of it into a list is certainly going to make me even more tired...

1. I've mostly been recovering from being unwell on none other than Easter Sunday, which was thrown into a spectacular chaos when all plans of bingeing on roast beef and Lindt bunnies were ruined after I began to feel under the weather. OK, a day is a day - and I'll obviously have many more Easter Sundays ahead of me - but being unable to do anything was a great nuisance, in addition to feeling ridiculously weak. Fun, huh? 

2. Two days after the Easter fiasco, I ventured outside to be driven miles to have an interview, which was essential in order to obtain my passport. Not realising that a mini heatwave was dominating the world outdoors, I stupidly went out in a thick coat, jumper and thermals (the very thing that has helped me survive the past winter) while the sun was shining like a lazor beam. No wonder I couldn't stop sweating once I got into the car - it was as though I'd wandered into a roasting oven! To make matters worse, my jumper was a light grey, so any sweat marks could have looked extremely obvious - and would have been very hard to conceal...

3. As if suffering from illness at the weekend wasn't enough, I had to go along to the doctor's for an appointment to get my final booster, which hopefully means that I will never have to be near a needle ever again. If it wasn't for still feeling a bit unsteady on my feet, I probably wouldn't have minded having the injection, but I really didn't feel all-too-confident about it yesterday - injections are hardly anything to get excited about! To my annoyment (which I managed to conceal like an inflamed spot), I only found out that I was having a second booster just moments before I had my injection, which only worsened my mood - and ultimately the aches that I'm still feeling strongly less than twenty four hours on. Even now, I'm struggling to lift my arms because pain automatically shoots through them like a bullet, which makes even the least significant tasks (e.g. pouring myself a glass of juice) amazingly difficult. 

And the best thing of all hasn't even happened yet: one of the four trips that my family make to the other side of the country, which shall occur tomorrow (and firmly banish all possible chances of revising). Really, I needn't say that this hasn't been my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment