Sunday 29 June 2014

Kitty Time!

Since they became a part of my life on a dark chilly December afternoon last year, my kittens, Bart and Benny, have brought unimaginable joy to my world, offering renewed hope after the deaths of my previous cats, Tom and Jerry, a few months prior to their adoption. Indeed, I somewhat return to the persona of a former self - a person who, despite existing several months ago, has all but disappeared off the face of earth - whenever I discuss Bart and Benny on my blog because they have stuck with me through thick and thin, my trustworthy pals during difficult patches and stressful times.

However, I like to believe that I've made it out on the other side - or at least a side which features more sunshine than today's melancholy offering of summer rain - with Bart and Benny joined to my hip, though it is fair to say that I have not yet allowed the Hissy Kitty to get his claws upon my skin! They - along with cats of any kind - are my friends and treat me the way that I want to be treated: in possession of a sixth sense, my kittens know exactly how to cheer me up when I need it most and offer me cuddles upon cuddles of affection as of when I crave it. Therefore, I don't bat an eyelid at the belief that animals are friendlier than humans because that is the truth. Humans and of course fellow pupils at my new school often have nasty streaks instilled in their nature and, to victims' misfortunes, it is likely to be used despicably than concealed beneath an inviting smile. 

Unless they truly know how to disguise facial expressions behind a thick coat of glossy fur, cats make no secret of their feelings and are as up-close and frank as they could possibly be: wouldn't the world be a happier place if we were more in tune with our beliefs? Saying that, society would literally collapse into an emotional heap if we couldn't bear the thought of being disliked by those who ought to keep their mouths shut, but a different view is applied in relation to our beloved felines. Equipped with bags of Dreamies and an appreciation of their company, cats fall head over well-groomed paws for affection and are at their most content whilst surrounded by people besotted with them. At least that it is how it seems whenever my cherished two - now almost ten months old - hang out with me! 

Of course, I've missed my kittens' presence since starting at school almost a month ago and sometimes reserve a moment or two to thinking about them whilst I'm at school, more often than not wondering whether they covering my bed in tabby-coloured fur again. Forget about my gaining some precious beauty sleep once I leap into bed at night because it is nothing compared to Bart's luxurious lifestyle - from the time I leave home at 8.30am to catch my bus to the moment I walk through the door before 4pm, Bart remains on my bed all day! And, as he is seriously unable to wiggle himself off my duvet, his brother, Benny, is often dragged into my bedroom to give the sleepy one some company; they are otherwise known as partners-in-crime! Ah, what I would give to lie my head onto a soft pillow halfway during a rigorous Maths lesson...

Anyway, I've decided to upload some new pictures of the Terrific Two (for they are, on the whole, of such a nature) as a weekend treat, albeit it could be interpreted as an excuse to lie on my bed in a Bart-esque (a.k.a. lazy) manner. Some of the pictures featuring the fantastic Benny were only taken earlier today, but it needs to be said that I've been short of time recently; in a blow to my wannabe photographer, completing my Religious Studies homework has been deemed more superior to the likes of taking photos! 

Comme toujours, enjoy!

Without a doubt, cats - and indeed growing kittens - appreciate their sleep above anything else, making it out to be the most exhausting job in the world. Well, I beg to differ: you seriously wouldn't want to know the extremes I would go to in order to catch up on my sleep! In this picture, Bartzilla (as my family and I amusingly call him) and Benzimar (not my preferred nickname for him, but he must be called something, I guess) are sleeping on one of the many beds in the house, looking adorable as usual. Benny appears somewhat camera-shy and seems to be hiding behind Bart whose head takes up nearly half of the photo - how he adores being the centre of attention! It's one of my favourite pictures of the pair being together which, as both of them had a tough start in life, is what brings them pure happiness.

A picture only taken an hour or so ago, Benny had decided to sit on my parents' rocking chair for the first time, which immediately caused a frenzy to snatch my phone and take a picture of him; how could I not resist? From the day we adopted him, Benny has always looked rather regal and posh compared to his troublesome brother, and he would even put the Queen to shame in this picture which flaunts his ultra-stylish attitude. He is a role model to whom I aspire, to say the least!

Here is another picture of the oh-so-lovely Benny who is squeezing his eyes shut as the camera flashed, most certainly annoyed as he was gently falling into a slumber. Since we moved house in late March, Benny has been spending more and more time in my bedroom, which was the setting when I took this adorable picture of him. Although he is still a bit reluctant about being stroked, Benny has developed a bond with me which I believe will stand the test of time. Whenever I talk to him, he usually nods his head or blinks as I address him - needless to say, Benny pays more attention than the whole male population combined! He is a little (though his body is much longer than Bart's) sweetheart who is affectionate and loving in his unique way, and that's why I have such a soft spot for my beloved Benny.
Does he ever get bored of posing for the camera or is he developing a fondness for it? I can't quite decide in this picture, which I took whilst Benny was sitting on top of my desk - nowadays one of his preferred places in the house. Bart hardly intrudes Benny while he is sitting on it, which could possibly count as one of Benny's few-and-far-between alone hideouts. The only thing which bothers me about his jumping onto my desk is that he usually knocks my books off - not particularly great if any of them are for school! And, if he fancies a change, my bed is beside the desk, so several hours of deep slumber await him...

And finally, Bart just had to make an appearance! How could he not? He is, after all, the Amazing Barticles whose loving powers has cast a spell upon all who have made his acquaintance. This picture, unlike the ones above which are more recent, was taken before we moved house over three months ago; compared to how he looks now, Bart was literally a baby at the time of this photo being taken! To my disappointment, he no longer flaunts his snow-white belly like he used to, so it truly puts a smile on my face if I ever come across a picture like this one. It was taken during a time when Bart was getting used to us and developing his confidence, which has since flourished as he has gotten older; nothing is impossible, I say! On the other hand, Bart has forged new interests in the likes of catching flies, jumping onto my pillow while I (try to) fall asleep in bed and literally getting the cream at dessert time. Without needing to go further, the fun never stops for Bart!

No comments:

Post a Comment